Glutathione, wrapped in Liposomes
Glutathione Zooki is an advanced glutathione supplement with added Vitamin B2. We wrap Glutathione in ‘Liposomes’ – tiny bubbles of phospholipids designed to protect glutathione through the digestive system and deliver it directly to the cells.
Glycerin (Coconut Derived), Medium Chain Triglycerides (Coconut Derived), Oleic Acid (From Olive Oil), Glutathione, Lactoferrin (Milk), Phosphatidylcholine, Natural Flavours (Orange Peel, Cinnamon Oil (bark), Clove Oil, Vanilla Extract), Vitamin E (as D Alpha Tocopherol), Stevia (Rebaudioside-A), Riboflavin and Molybdenum
For allergens, see ingredients in bold
|Typical values||/100g||/1ml serving|
|Energy||418 kj (100 kcal)||4 kj (1 kcal)|
|Of which saturates||0g||0g|
|Of which sugars||0g||0g|
|Riboflavin (B2)||100mg (*7140%)||1mg (*71%)|
Serving size is 1 ml daily. | * % Nutrient Reference Value
Directions for use
A box of Glutathione Zooki comes with 3 oral syringes, each containing 10 servings. Use the measurements on the side of the syringe to squeeze a 1ml serving out onto a spoon. Have straight or add to food and drink. Once you’ve removed the cap off a syringe, store refrigerated and make sure to re-seal the syringe in between servings. You can take it straight off the spoon, add to water or add to food or drink.
What is Glutathione?
- Glutathione (GSH) is often referred to as the body’s master antioxidant. It is a tripeptide, ie., a very small protein composed of three amino acids – cysteine, glycine, and glutamate.
- Glutathione can be found in almost every cell of the human body, the highest concentration being in the liver, making it vital in the body’s detoxification process. It is also an essential part of the body’s natural defence system. Bacteria, viruses, radiation, heavy metal toxicity, certain medications, and even the normal ageing process can all cause free-radical damage to healthy cells and deplete glutathione.
- Antioxidants are our body’s natural protection against free radical damage and oxidative stress. When our cells process oxygen to create energy, they also create molecules with missing electrons. These highly reactive molecules, known as “free radicals”, attack our cells and reduce their ability to function. Free radicals can also be created by smoking, pollution, chemicals and exposure to the suns UV rays.
- Glutathione works as the body’s ‘master antioxidant’. It is a strong electron donor and works by directly binding to these oxidative molecules and neutralising them.
Glutathione’s role in detoxification
- Glutathione plays an important role in our detoxification process through neutralising toxins in a process known as ‘conjugation’.
- It binds to toxins such as smoke, alcohol, heavy metals, pesticides and other carcinogens to help neutralise them, make them more water-soluble and prepare them for excretion in the liver or kidney.
Glutathione for supporting skin
- Sun, wind, UV rays and exposure to toxins in the environment can cause damage to skin overtime, resulting in dry, wrinkled skin and age spots.
- Glutathione Zooki contains both Glutathione and Vitamin B2, contributing to the maintenance of normal skin and to the protection of skin cells against oxidative stress caused by environmental factors and ageing.
Can glutathione increase energy levels?
- One of the cell functions worst affected by oxidative stress is the ability to produce energy. Energy production occurs in almost all cells in the body inside our ‘mitochondria’: the ‘powerhouses’ of each cell. If mitochondria are damaged by oxidative molecules, they slow down their energy production and cause the rest of the cell to become sluggish and under functioning.
- Glutathione and Vitamin B2 protect cells against oxidative stress and contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.